To support the launch and rebranding of new ‘super college’, The Greater Brighton MET, and its £9m training centre for construction and trades, we created the ‘Have you MET your future?’ campaign.
We also commissioned research on public attitudes to vocational qualifications and apprenticeships and economic analysis of industry growth areas and skills gaps across Sussex.
The research findings were published in a report to coincide with the campaign’s launch – on the day that the UK’s national apprenticeship levy was introduced.
A #METfutures social media campaign also encouraged young people to envisage their future working selves and turn their passions into professions through vocational education and training.
Supported by industry leaders from across Sussex, the campaign included a film featuring high-achievers from the college’s alumni and some of its newly announced Honorary Graduates, who included: BBC 2’s ‘Dragon’s Den’ investor and entrepreneur Deborah Meaden; Brighton Head Chef and ‘Masterchef: The Professionals’ semi-finalist James Villiers; and celebrity fashion designer Gresham Blake.
- Over 200 attendees at stakeholder launch event
- 27 pieces of media coverage in first week
- Front page story in Brighton & Hove Independent newspaper
- College CEO and Honorary Graduate interviews on Heart and BBC radio
- Construction and trades courses oversubscribed following autumn
Following the campaign launch, we were retained to oversee and create additional campaign assets over the following 18 months including:
- Printed ‘Parents’ Guide to 16+ Education’ and accompanying animation
- ‘MET VIP’ loyalty scheme for prospective new students
- Videos and marketing literature for the MET’s University Centre
"From conception to delivery, the team were fantastic - creative, organised and driven."
Claire Fellows, Marketing Manager at The Greater Brighton Metropolitan College