When Ultrafilter Medical decided to use its expertise in removal of airborne bacteria and viruses to create medical grade face masks in the UK, we provided consultancy and press office support to tell the story of their Herefordshire factory’s official opening and the benefits that Ultramask manufacturing at the site were delivering for the local economy, the environment and the NHS.
Unlike the majority of Type IIR medical grade masks that are imported from the Far East, Ultrafilter Medical masks offer a much lower carbon footprint for vital single-use plastic personal protective equipment (PPE), since they are manufactured here in the UK.
Delivery of the Ultramask to UK customers is also quicker and more cost-effective than the logistics involved in importing from Asia. And because Ultrafilter Medical’s Ross-on-Wye factory is producing 1million masks a day and offering Just-In-Time deliveries, mask orders can be placed by NHS and social care organisations as and when they are needed.
What we delivered
- Press launch strategy and press pack
- Media outreach and monitoring
- Point of contact for VIP guests (TV Presenter Richard Hammond and the Herefordshire Lord Lieutenant’s office).
- Joint working with photographer & video crew.
- News, lifestyle and business media coverage with a combined audience reach of over 12 million, including BBC Online, TV and radio, Business Insider and regional press.
"Through face mask production alone, we’ve demonstrated the benefits of British manufacturing for the customer, our local economy and the environment."
Dean Kronsbein, Chairman, Ultrafilter Medical